The Mahomet-Seymour Parent Teacher Organization is dedicated to supporting the Pre-K through 5th grade schools in Mahomet, Illinois.
HANDS Around the World
It is time to prepare for the annual HANDS Around the World event at Lincoln Trail Elementary! The purpose of HANDS (Heritages and National Differences Study) is to expose the students to different cultures and increase their knowledge of national differences.
Each classroom will be turned into a different country for the day and lessons about those countries are led by volunteer “governors”. Students will spend the day traveling from country to country, learning about the people and cultures of those places.
This event requires a large number of volunteers to make it a successful and enriching event for the kids. If you or someone you know can participate in planning and/or working at HANDS 2017, please complete this form and return it to Lincoln Trail by Wednesday, February 1st, 2017. Or you may complete the form online at or e-mail your information to email@example.com
Sign up to volunteer: https://goo.gl/forms/NH2YRiOb1rQf2xOi1
Reminder: PTO General Assembly Meeting on Thursday- 6 pm Middletown Conference Room
The next PTO General Assembly meeting will be Thursday October 13th at 6pm in the Middletown Prairie Conference Room. We will have a babysitter and pizza.
Also, we will be inviting everyone to bring scissors so we can cut box tops while we do business. Our first box top submission date for this year is 11/1.
We hope to see you there!
DAWG Walk Top DAWGs and Totals!
As we wrap up Dawg Walk Collection we want to say a huge THANK YOU for your support.
As of today we have raised $90,000!!! These donations will make a huge impact for the schools!
Our Lead Dawgs are:
Kindergarten – Norelle Eilts – $565
1st Grade – Carter Dial – $550
2nd Grade – Jaycee Fancher – $327
3rd Grade – Addy Reigart – $425
4th Grade – Sydney Carleton – $550
5th Grade – Brogan Hennesy – $365
Our Top Dawgs are:
Norelle Eilts – Kindergarten – $565
Caleb Knox – Kindergarten – $563
We want to thank everyone for their efforts in making the Dawg Walk a huge success!
If you still have an envelope you would like to turn in, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The DAWG Walk is HERE!
Hi Parents, as you most likely know, the kids had their DW kick off. Hopefully they are all very excited!
So that you are as informed as they are, here are a few items of note:
What is the DAWG Walk? Do we actually walk dogs?
- No, we don’t walk real dogs. The DAWG Walk is the M-S PTO’s annual fundraiser and has 2 parts:
- Fundraising and Prizes associated with fundraising levels
- We are the M-S Bulldogs so the “DAWGS” are the kids and we make walking part of the celebration we have to thank the kids for all of their fundraising efforts.
- Sponsorship info: We are also looking for corporate sponsors for this year’s Dawg Walk. We have 3 levels of corporate sponsorship:
- $3,000 – This provides your company name/logo on the back of the Dawg Walk t-shirt, listed on our sponsor banner that is displayed in the schools, listed on our website and a decal to hang in your business.
- $1,500 – Listed on our sponsor banner that is displayed in the schools, listed on our website and a decal to hang in your business.
- $500 – Listed on our website and a decal to hang in your business.
- We are also accepting general donations of any amount if you would like to contribute, but the corporate levels are out of reach.
To make donations, please send your check made out to the M-S PTO to:
P.O. Box 274
Mahomet, IL 61853
DAWG Walk Donations are due by Wednesday, September 7, 2016
Dawg Walk Celebration will include Walking and Dance party. Kids will get a Popsicle to cool off! Family is welcome to join in the celebration.
Online donations and registration are highly encouraged this year.
- Using online registration provides you the ability to use social media to raise funds and kids who raise at least $5 online will receive our DAWG Walk Zipper Pull DAWG TAGS for their backpacks.
- Registering online makes it easier for the PTO to ensure we collect the correct information and are able to deliver the correct prizes to all students.
DAWG Walk Dates – the dates of each school’s DAWG Walk Celebrations are below:
- Middletown Prairie: Friday, October 7 1:45-2:30
- Sangamon: Friday, October 7
- Lincoln Trail: Friday, September 30 4th 1:00-1:30 3rd 1:30-2:00 5th 2:00-2:30
2016-2017 M-S PTO Board and General Assembly Meetings
All are welcome to come to any of the M-S PTO General Assembly Meetings. Please see below for dates and times.
*All Meetings will be held at Middletown Prairie Conference Room unless otherwise noted*
- Thursday, 9/8/2016 6:00pm 1st General Assembly Meeting of the Year
- Thursday, 10/13/216 6:00pm 2nd General Assembly Meeting of the Year
- Thursday, 2/9/16 6:00 pm 3rd General Assembly Meeting of the Year
- Thursday, 4/20/2016 6:00 pm 4th General Assembly Meeting of the Year