Monthly Archives: August 2016
Hi Parents, as you most likely know, the kids had their DW kick off. Hopefully they are all very excited!
So that you are as informed as they are, here are a few items of note:
What is the DAWG Walk? Do we actually walk dogs?
- No, we don’t walk real dogs. The DAWG Walk is the M-S PTO’s annual fundraiser and has 2 parts:
- Fundraising and Prizes associated with fundraising levels
- We are the M-S Bulldogs so the “DAWGS” are the kids and we make walking part of the celebration we have to thank the kids for all of their fundraising efforts.
- Sponsorship info: We are also looking for corporate sponsors for this year’s Dawg Walk. We have 3 levels of corporate sponsorship:
- $3,000 – This provides your company name/logo on the back of the Dawg Walk t-shirt, listed on our sponsor banner that is displayed in the schools, listed on our website and a decal to hang in your business.
- $1,500 – Listed on our sponsor banner that is displayed in the schools, listed on our website and a decal to hang in your business.
- $500 – Listed on our website and a decal to hang in your business.
- We are also accepting general donations of any amount if you would like to contribute, but the corporate levels are out of reach.
To make donations, please send your check made out to the M-S PTO to:
P.O. Box 274
Mahomet, IL 61853
DAWG Walk Donations are due by Wednesday, September 7, 2016
Dawg Walk Celebration will include Walking and Dance party. Kids will get a Popsicle to cool off! Family is welcome to join in the celebration.
Online donations and registration are highly encouraged this year.
- Using online registration provides you the ability to use social media to raise funds and kids who raise at least $5 online will receive our DAWG Walk Zipper Pull DAWG TAGS for their backpacks.
- Registering online makes it easier for the PTO to ensure we collect the correct information and are able to deliver the correct prizes to all students.
DAWG Walk Dates – the dates of each school’s DAWG Walk Celebrations are below:
- Middletown Prairie: Friday, October 7 1:45-2:30
- Sangamon: Friday, October 7
- Lincoln Trail: Friday, September 30 4th 1:00-1:30 3rd 1:30-2:00 5th 2:00-2:30
All are welcome to come to any of the M-S PTO General Assembly Meetings. Please see below for dates and times.
*All Meetings will be held at Middletown Prairie Conference Room unless otherwise noted*
- Thursday, 9/8/2016 6:00pm 1st General Assembly Meeting of the Year
- Thursday, 10/13/216 6:00pm 2nd General Assembly Meeting of the Year
- Thursday, 2/9/16 6:00 pm 3rd General Assembly Meeting of the Year
- Thursday, 4/20/2016 6:00 pm 4th General Assembly Meeting of the Year
To Parents of Girls at Lincoln Trail:
We are excited to be offering a new program for girls at Lincoln Trail called Girls on the Run. The program will meet on Monday and Wednesday from 3:15-4:45 beginning on September 12 and will conclude with a 5K run on Sunday, November 6 at 1:00 p.m. Sponsors for the program will be Mrs. Elliott, Ms. Porter, Mrs. Musgrove, and Mrs. Williams.
Please follow link for more information.
Girls on the Run is so much fun!
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
Online registration is available
August 1st at 8:00am through September 5th at 11:55pm.
Registration Fee $125 – Scholarships Available
- For those that ordered kits this year, the PTO will hold two pick up nights in place of the pick up at registration:
- Both of these will be held at Sangamon (ALL packets will be at Sangamon, regardless of where your child goes to school).
- Sangamon School Address: 601 E Main St, Mahomet, IL 61853
- The dates will be as follows:(If the weather changes, a new location at Sangamon will be posted)
- Thursday, August 11 from 6-7pm in front of Sangamon, outside, by the gym doors.
- Tuesday, August 16 from 6-7pm in front of Sangamon, outside, by the gym doors.
- ==>If parents cannot make it to either one of these nights, the plan is that we will place the school supply box in their child’s classroom for the first day of school.<==
If parents have questions or concerns, please contact Michelle at 217-979-2265 or email@example.com.